Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Do's and Don'ts to Water Damage
Experiencing a water loss in your home or business can be incredibly stressful for you and the people around you. Our team at SERVPRO of Athen/Mineola/Palestine offers an immediate response after water damage and our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! Don't hesitate with disaster restoration because further damage like mold can occur.
The first and most important thing to do is to make sure that you and the people on your property are safe. Once sure, here are a few tips for you to follow while you wait for assistance from our team:
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (903) 561-0309
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.