Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Experiencing a water loss in your Palestine, TX, home or business can be incredibly stressful for you and the people around you. Our SERVPRO of Athen/Mineola/Palestine offers an immediate response after a water loss and our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! Don't hesitate and give our team a call!
When a water loss occurs, the most important thing to do is to make sure that you and the people on your property are safe. Here are a few safety concerns you should consider after a water loss:
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (903) 561-0309
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.